Ducati Xerox riders recharged and ready to race

Ducati Xerox riders recharged and ready to race

Ask either Ducati Xerox rider, Michel Fabrizio or Noriyuki Haga, what their favourite circuits are and somewhere high on the list would be Brno. Its intoxicating mix of fast and flowing chicanes, plus frequent changes of elevation wrapped in a wonderfully scenic backdrop make Brno a favourite with many riders.

Despite Haga not winning there since 2005, and Fabrizio not winning there at all, it is a circuit each rider believes he can do well at come raceday on Sunday 11th July.

Said Haga after a busy period of testing at Imola, "I like the Brno track and don't really know why I haven't done better. I have won a race there but that feels like a few years back now! Last year was especially hard work after the accident at Donington. I needed lots of painkillers in order to get through race day and all in all the results were not so bad; of course we want to do a lot better than that this year though."

For Fabrizio, Brno is something of a magic track, for the most part at least, and he has secured podiums there more often than not.

"Traditionally I've done well at Brno in recent years but, although I've had a lot of podium success, I haven't ever won a Superbike race there," said Michel. "I was happy to be back on the podium at Misano just recently but I really had to fight tooth and nail to get there; the competition won't be any easier to beat at Brno, but I'm feeling confident that I can do well."

Both Haga and Fabrizio have won races in 2010 already, Haga at Valencia race two and Fabrizio in race one at Kyalami. Currently Haga is fifth, Fabrizio eighth in the rankings.

Share/Bookmark Subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment